The Fund Source List is Updated as of; December 9, 2019.
This fund source list may be used to help you when creating application budget activity line items (ALI). This list is consistent with the dropdowns provided on the ALI budget field “FTA Fund Source.” Selecting the appropriate fund source is critical when preparing your application for federal assistance. If you are unsure which fund source description to select, please contact your FTA representative.
The available file includes the cross walk of changes made between FY 2017 to 2018; and FY 2019. The file can be filtered to only display the active fund sources by filtering out the sources labeled as Inactive (last column) and identified as “Hidden, Active for Prior Awards” (the pdf includes only active sources, the Excel file includes all sources, active and hidden.
Status of Changes to Date:
- Unhid fund source for FHWA Transfer to 5309 High Priority & Transportation Improv. (Unhid on November 6, 2019)
- Added fund source for Annual Technical Assistance (one year funding (Date: April 2019 and label: 5314-Annual Technical Assistance and Standards Development)
- Unhid fund source for Positive Train Control to support additional funds (Date: December 2018 and label: 3028 - Positive Train Control)
- Added fund source for new BUILD awards (Date: February 2019 and label: 79 - BUILD (OST))
- Added a single new drop down for Section 5309 funding labeled: 5309- Capital Investment Grants (CIG). This consolidates and replaces the hidden Section 5309 sources. The new CIG source is applicable for applications created as of October 19, 2018.
- A total of 23 fund sources were hidden on October 13, 2018.
- Made two minor label changes to better reflect the program nuances for Section 5305 Planning funds; which will be visible for new applications created as of October 13, 2018.
The Fund Source Description associated with your application and awards is based on the date your original application was created. (This is the first step in creating a temporary application number). You can find the Create Date in Part 2 of the Application View Print of your original award (FAIN-00).