Welcome to the Grantee Resource Center for FTA Region 5. We periodically update and add resources to help provide the best information and materials to our grantees. If you have resources you’d like to see added that are not available on the regional or national sites, please contact us.
FY 2020 Grant Timeline Guidance
FTA Region 5 strongly encourages recipients to follow the timeline below to ensure award of grants by the end of fiscal year 2020. Due to the complexity of some grants, your pre-award manager may request actions to be completed earlier than the dates shown below. Please contact your assigned pre-award manager with any questions.
|January – February 2020||
|March – April 2020||
Coordinate with FTA Region V on FY2020 grant applications, discussing timelines, projects, approvals, and other relevant milestones in developing a grant application.
Ensure Civil Rights Programs are up to date.
Pin FY2020 Certifications & Assurances.
|April 1, 2020||Ensure all flex fund transfers have been initiated. Grants should not be submitted until flex fund transfers are completed and funds are loaded into TrAMS.|
|May 15, 2020||
Ensure all federally assisted projects are in the current approved TIP/STIP.
Ensure NEPA and/or Section 106 has been completed and approved.
|June 15, 2020||Transmit grants in TrAMS for preliminary FTA review.|
|July 17, 2020||Submit all grants in TrAMS for DOL certification (if applicable) and final FTA review. DOL may not be able to guarantee certification past this date. All grants containing lapsing funds should also be submitted by this date.|
|September, 2020||TrAMS Year End Close (exact date will be provided when available).|
|September 30, 2020||End of fiscal year.|
The contents of this document do not have the force and effect of law and are not meant to bind the public in any way. This document is intended only to provide clarity to the public regarding existing requirements under the law or agency policies.
Section 106 Webinar
FTA Region 5 conducted a National Historic Preservation Act (Section 106) webinar on Thursday, May 31, 2018. The webinar provided an overview on:
- How Section 106 fits into the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) process
- The Section 106 players and their roles
- The steps in the Section 106 process
- Determining if Section 106 applies to your Project
- Where you can find more information on Section 106
View the webinar recording
See our Questions and Answers summary or download documents referenced during the webinar:
Pre-Award Grant Activities Webinar
FTA's Region 5 Office conducted a webinar, Overview of FY 2017 Pre-Award Grant Activities, on Wednesday, March 22, 2017. The webinar provided a broad overview of pre-award activities and schedules, including:
- Prerequisites to receiving FTA funding
- Grantmaking in TrAMS
- Grant structure
- Grant content
- Questions and answers
View the webinar recording. (Please note: the voice recording for the webinar does not begin until the 12:30 mark. We apologize for this glitch, but the discussion is captured by the Caption Pod until that point.)
See our webinar Questions and Answers summary or download documents referenced during the webinar:
- 2017 Grant Development Webinar
- FTA FY 2017 Certifications and Assurances
- How to PIN Certifications and Assurances
- How to Set Up Your New PIN
- TrAMS Application Development Required Executive Summary Information
- TrAMS Grant Making Guidance
- TrAMS Grant Template
- Understanding ECHO and TrAMS
Grant Making Guidance
- Region 5 created the FY20 Grant Making Reference Guide to help grant recipients use FTA's Transit Award Management System (TrAMS). Recipients are encouraged to contact their FTA Region 5 grant representative prior to creating a new TrAMS grant application. See FTA Region 5's staff organization chart.